Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Air Jamaica

I've probably posted something on changes with Air Jamaica, so this is a update on the changes. Most of us know Air Jamaica and have used them over the years. It has been unfortunate to find out that the airline has cut back on its routes, due to financial reasons. It is sad for all who loved this airline and frequented its usage. I used Air Jamaica, mostly because it offered non-stop flights. I really loved going from BWI airport and arriving in Montego Bay! That was really great. No stops along the way.


Now that I live in Tampa, Florida. I will not be able to take Air Jamaica. The city nearest to me, that it used to fly out of, was in Orlando. This route is no longer in effect, it has been discontinued. I know now that they do leave from Ft. Lauderdale, which is a few hours away. So I will probably will not be using Air Jamaica, if I have to go to Ft. Lauderdale. I have explained this to a friend of mine who always flies Air Jamaica. What are we to do now? No doubt we will use another airline. I will be checking other airlines to see what they offer. They will not offer non-stop and we will have to go through the process of catching numerous planes. Ugh!


Here is a link I found on the topic of Air Jamaica routes; LINK


No comments: